Today, we hit you with a little throwback. I know most of us are mapping out routes to eat at folks house or planning our Black Thursday afternoon shopping, but we wanted to take some time to let you know what we are thankful for. Check out this ThrowBack Post from Bre:
Before we break for Thanksgiving, I wanted to take the time to say thanks for all the things I am grateful for. Not the health, family, friends, job, etc etc things people say, because although I am thankful for them I wouldn’t wait for Thanksgiving to say it. It’s an everyday thing (no Bone Thugs). I want to give the little things I am thankful for. That get me from Mundane to Sundane. These things include, but are not limited to:
- Revlon ColorStay, L’Oreal Infallible Eyeliner, and Burt’s Bees chapstick – A good makeup day can do wonders. Paired with a great hair day, you can’t tell me nuffin!
- Mayer Hawthorne and Adele CDs – although there are plenty of CDs I listen to on a regular basis, Mayer and Adele have been in heavy rotation the past few days and it’s enough blue-eyed soul to get me up and singing but not crunk enough to yell at some folks at work or flip a desk when I walk in.
- Mobile web – namely Pinterest and Etsy. I’ve done so much idea hunting for Christmas ideas it’s unreal. Yay unlimited data plan.
- International Delight Creamers – my new job stocks not just hazelnut but ALSO vanilla creamer. This might not mean a thing to you but I am a 2 cup a day tea drinker and the powdered stuff just don’t cut it. My old job would be cheap and make a fuss about restocking the hazelnut. But the tea is creamier on this side.
- That golden time of traffic – There is a small window that changes everyday where you can make it home in record time. Somehow you beat all the suburbanites hitting I10 West that clog up everything each side of the Beltway. You make all the lights. See the police and they roll right past you. You know what I’m talking about. It’s glorious.
- Target – no lie, Target is a big thing that I am thankful for several times a week, but those quick retail therapy lunch breaks to Target are fantastic. Even just a trip to go buy the aforementioned make up can be the pick me up I need to get through the work week.
- iPod Shuffle – Not just the fact that I have an iPod makes me thankful. What I love LOVE is when you have it on shuffle and like 8 songs in a row are the best songs that you have uploaded ever and all you want to do is dance.
These are a few of the things that make my day, any day. And see how simple they are?! What are some of your favorite things you might take for granted or think are too small to be mentioned before you dig into your turkey this Thursday? Have a great Thanksgiving!!!