Fresh off of a Cuffin Season blog topic, I’ve shifted my focus to The Fast & The Furious….of the sex world that is.
What takes less time than brewing a pot of coffee, or sitting through Super Bowl commercials, or filling up your gas tank? Sex-on-the-run, that is! In today’s busy world, the quickie is catching on. People are not only turned on to the time efficiency and minimal efforts involved in such “sexcapades,” but all of the great things sex on the fly can do for your relationship.
Given its many benefits, it seems that more and more couples are breaking up their “normal” routine with quickie quests. In indulging their sexual urges — in responding to their sexual desires — and in a timely fashion no less, couples are making memories as they strengthen their relationship with such animalistic adventures. The ones who are successful with their instant gratification pursuits will tell you that they simply follow a few rules:
1. Quickies are all about carpe diem – seizing the day. You can’t wait for the perfect moment. You can’t wait until you’re feeling or looking a certain way when it comes to must-lust-now moments. Don’t make excuses. Just do it!
2. Realize that quickies don’t require having all out sexual intercourse. Quickies can involve no more than making out, heavy petting, or oral interludes. Strapped for time, many couples use these ravenous rendezvous as a form of foreplay, keeping each other primed for longer passion pursuits when time allows.
3. Understand that you’re not necessarily going to be making love. While a quickie should never be handled as a hit-and-run, it’s okay for such coitus cocktails to be served up a bit chilled at times. Quickies will never — or should never — replace your “regular” sex life. They’re simply ways to satiate your I-miss-you-I-can’t-resist-you sex fix.
4. You need to be okay with the fact that you may not climax. Quickies are not always going to result in orgasm for a man or woman. They’re more about connecting with each other than physical gratification.
5. Be willing to tease each other throughout the day. While this is not necessary, wooing with each other while apart — whether via titillating text messaging, erotic emails, or flirty phone calls — sets sexual arousal in motion. This is the closest you’ll come to foreplay. Such seduction strategies also allow one’s sexual response, including orgasm, to come more readily during your “drive thru” desire efforts.
6. Turn yourself on throughout the day. Get in the mood to be in the mood when the moment takes you. You can do this by fantasizing about what you’ll do later, by reading erotica on your coffee break, by remembering how you felt last time you… (I’ll let you fill in that blank).
So with the rules of the game understood, how do you actually pull off a quickie?
First, dress for success. This starts with clothes that make you feel sexy. Consider attire that allow for as much skin touch as possible. This could be fabrics that feel good, like satin, or outfits that don’t leave much to the imagination. Furthermore, while you’ll be consumed with that rip-my-clothes-off feeling, you don’t want to actually remove any clothing, since that wastes time and raises the stakes should you get busted.
Go for the unexpected. Half the thrill of a quickie is its lack of planning. Be bold and give your partner a little bit of love when it’s least expected. Don’t wait for the bedroom. Part of what makes quickies so captivating is the element of devilish dare and astonishment.
Turn the ordinary into the extraordinary. For example, you have to eat, right? Well instead of dining at your dinner table, feast on your lover, arranging your sushi, crackers and cheese, whatever, on your partner’s stomach, buttocks or back. Get into a quickie mentality, evaluating everything you do as possible moments for “misbehaving.”
Choose positions from which you can easily unwind. Enough said.
Keep things wet. It’s not unheard of for those on regular quickie quests to arm themselves with travel-size lubricants. Wetter makes for better action — and easier efforts too.
Explore your territory — indoors and out — privacy within reason. You certainly don’t want to have anybody, like a police officer, catching you in the act. That’s not to say, however, that you can’t push the envelope in your erotic pursuits. Just be smart about it.
While quickies may not be considered quality couple time for a lot of people, they’re worth pursuing, if only occasionally. Weekly, monthly, or yearly, the rewards are great. This is especially true when you consider that sexual satisfaction is a stronger predictor of a higher quality of life. Furthermore, there is a strong association between sexual interest and one’s sense of well-being. Those who have more frequent and more enjoyable sex during midlife report more satisfying sex lives as they mature. Personally, I can’t think of better reasons to get a little fresh with a special honey, even if it’s no more than fleeting sexual antics.
Most of the time women take a little while to build momentum… often that passes the 15 minutes or so allotted for a Quickie. Just give it a good attempt. If she blows then kudos and you’re somewhat of a god. If she doesn’t, you tried, she liked it and you both had fun! I may get crucified for saying this but women don’t always need to orgasm to take extreme pleasure from a sexual encounter. If she’s met on an emotional level you may just get away with not getting her off… but best make up for it later with a good tongue lashing. Did I redeem myself with that last comment ladies?
Thanks for tuning in…..